Whole wheat blueberry pancakes.
- 1 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk, plus more if necessary
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon artificial sweetener
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- Sift together flour and baking powder, set aside. Beat together the egg, milk, salt and artificial sweetener in a bowl. Stir in flour until just moistened, add blueberries, and stir to incorporate.
- Preheat a heavy-bottomed skillet over medium heat, and spray with cooking spray. Pour approximately 1/4 cup of the batter into the pan for each pancake. Cook until bubbly, about 1 1/2 minutes. Turn, and continue cooking until golden brown.
You may need to use more milk than 1 cup. The batter should be thin enough so that it pours, but not so thin that it's runny. We find that 1/4 cup additional milk is about the maximum needed.