Friday, November 20, 2009

Friday Crunch In

Hello ladies,

Today I was gone most of the day with shopping and errands again. I knew it was going to be a busy day, so I got my exercise done before heading out the door. Ever try doing your aerobics immediately after your bowl of oatmeal? Normally I try to let my food settle a little after breakfast before doing my exercises. Then, a friend called, OF COURSE, just when I was getting my heart rate at that perfect fat burning range, and getting out of breath.

Anyway...I got my 50 minutes in with my Fitness Forte DVD, and then did another 30 minutes of walking with the shopping. I also was able to buy something today to continue on my fitness journey. I previously only had 1 kg hand weights, and I've been wanting to get heavier ones. The first store I went to wanted 1,000 rubles (over $30) for 1 pair of 2 kg hand weights! Too expensive for me! Then, at the grocery store, of all places, they had 5 lb weights for a little under $20. Yes, I know that is still really expensive, but that is how things are here. We normally pay several times what the cost would be for something equivalent in the states. So, I'm really excited about this! I have never soon weights here in pounds before, it has always been in kilos, but the 5 lb (even written in English) was exactly what I was looking for. I had even prayed about it, a kind of half hearted prayer, like, "Lord, I've never seen this here before, but could you please send some 5 lb weights my way?" I guess I wasn't really serious about it. But, God chose to answer that prayer, and it brings tears to my eyes. It reminds me of that verse, "Before they call, I will answer." Obviously, God sent those weights here to Russia before I even asked Him about it. Isn't God great?

Well, I think I'm heading off to bed soon. My throat is a little tickly, and I'm really tired. I really hope I'm not getting sick!

Have a great crunchin' day everyone!

Tami

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This brought tears to my eyes too! How Great a God We serve!!!! I am in awe! down to the weights being in pounds and everything!!! Praise the Lord!! this is huge!!

I am growing so attatched to you! ;) You are not going to be able to get rid of me. LOL

Crunchin
Dani Joy

Sarah K said...

Praise the Lord!