Thursday, November 5, 2009

Yummy Substitute

In my exchange list for diabetics, it has a list of free foods. These are foods that are low in calories and carbs, and should still be limited to 3 servings a day.

One of my favorite free foods is salsa (1/4 cup).... not with chips, I wish:)
I like to eat it on salads. Try adding some chicken, corn and black beans to a salad, along with the salsa. It is one of my favorites! It gives a nice flavor without all the calories and fat from many salad dressings.

I also like to eat it on a small baked potato, in place of butter and the works.
Try it... it is so good, and I don't even feel like I'm missing out!
Salsa does have sodium in it, so we should watch this intake.
It's a great substitute, and adds a little spice to the day:)
Keep cruchin'!

2 comments:

Siberia said...

I love salsa! We can't get chips here, but I love adding it to various dishes. Sometimes I even eat a couple of spoonfuls, just because!

Unknown said...

sounds great! maybe a low carb chip with low salt would work with the salsa. I love salsa!!!

looking for one without sugar too.

Crunchin
Dani Joy