Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Snow Crunchin' Crunch In

This morning we awoke to more snow, so I got 45 minutes of snow shoveling in bright and early this morning. The weather forecast was warm (for Siberia, anyway - with a high of 16 F promised for today). We decided to take the kids ice skating while the temps were so nice. So we drove to a nice outdoor skating area on the river. They clean it off every day, and even smooth out the ice occasionally. We skated for an hour and 15 minutes. This was my little girl's first time skating, but she did really well. After skating around with daddy and me a few times, she was ready to try it on her own. This was the first time our entire family skated together. Melissa didn't have skates last year, so she used to just go around on her boots. We all had a wonderful time, and want to do it again soon.

The weather is supposed to change tonight, so we are expecting a high of -7 tomorrow and a low of -34. Yes, we always have snow for Christmas. The rest of the 10 day forecast is for bitter cold.

I am so thankful for the nice weather we had today though. Not only did I make some crunching points, but best of all, some great family memories. You will all probably get a kick out of my puffy coat. I usually just wear it working in the yard, but wore it today to go ice skating, not even thinking about how it looks. I think next time we go skating I definitely need to wear a different coat. It makes me look too fat.

Well, tomorrow is our last day of this crunch. I will give a final post then, but I do want to say how thankful I am to everyone who has participated and encouraged me. I don't know if I would have stayed motivated enough on my own.

Tami

2 comments:

Joy said...

Tami,
Don´t worry about the coat...we know you´ve lost weight, and if it keeps you warm, we totally understand! Sure glad that you got to go skating with the family. What a blessing.
Love,
Joy

Unknown said...

Thank you for sharing your beautiful outing! It looked like so much fun!

Dani Joy