Saturday, February 6, 2010

A Low Sodium Alternative - Mrs. Dash



I know many of us are trying to cut back our sodium intake. But let's face it, none of us like to eat bland food and salt does such a good job of adding flavor. May I suggest using Mrs. Dash instead - there are quite a few different varieties of Mrs Dash out there. I know just in our kitchen alone we have three different flavors: Table Blend, Garlic & Herb and then one of their line of Grilling Blends for Steak. These add so much pizazz to food, it's absolutely great and I don't even miss the taste of salt because I have so many other flavorings for my taste buds to enjoy!


Okay, so I was looking for a picture to share and I also found out so much more than I even knew. The brand of Mrs. Dash has their own recipe complete with sodium free recipes! Check out: http://www.mrsdash.com/. I also found out that they have marinades as well as seasonings.



So altogether it is a great product, they have seasonings for pretty much every taste you might have. The following are their list of blends:



  • Caribbean Citrus

  • Fiesta Lime

  • Garlic Herb
  • Extra Spicy

  • Italian Medley

  • Lemon Pepper

  • Original

  • Table Blend

  • Onion & Herb

  • Southwest Chipotle

  • Tomato Basil Garlic

Grilling Blends:

  • Chicken
  • Hamburger
  • Steak


Anyway...obviously since I just found out some of the information just now, I don't know what they all taste like, but I do know the three products I have are delicious and I'm probably going to head to the store to find some of the others too.




1 comment:

Ketty said...

Thank you carrie, but we´ll have to find substitutes here in Spain.

ketty