Sunday, June 27, 2010

Running the Race!!


Yes, I know, it may seem a little different in the line of missions, but I am using it as a means to get to know more ladies in the community. I pray to use training for The Race for Women, every year to meet more and more ladies.

This year, I ran alone, got to know a few ladies, met my goal, got my prizes, and went to church. Next year however, I would love to have a group from our church sign up, and have a verse ironed on our shirts with the church´s name!

A little bit about The Race for Women. It´s a  5 kilometer (3.2 mile) race to promote breast cancer awarness and to raise money to help support research for the fight against it. There will be a total of 9 races throughout Spain this year. This has been the sixth year that the Race for Women has taken place. Gijón had a great turn out of about 3,000 women! It was amazing to participate in something so benificial and widespread. It even was on the city news this afternoon. I actually saw my head pass by the camera.

Here I am before the start, bright eyed and bushy tailed! literally.





My cheering section! It was so great to see their faces when I crossed the finish line!


I am behind the that lady in front. hehe (my dh tried to get pictures, but someone always got in the way.)
Came in at 29 minutes flat! possibly in the top 200 or so!



Here´s some of the ladies that came in after me.




I finished! Praise the Lord!

The verses that have gotten me through many soccer practices, difficult situations and now my first race is,
Psalm 121: 1-2
"I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills from whence cometh my help. My help cometh from the Lord, which made heaven and earth."
Let´s keep running the race that is set before us. I am remembering that the spirtual race is far more important.

Keeping our eyes on Jesus, the Author and Finisher of our Faith,

2 comments:

Annie said...

Congratulations Dani Joy! I ran a 5 and even 10K race when I was in the army. You did well. I am dissappointed that you changed your "je, je!" for the "he,he!" Keep the je je. :)

Madridmom said...

congratulations! You did a great job!