Thursday, June 3, 2010

Second Post at the 3 week mark

Hello everyone. I am not very good at the clicker or at posting, but am with you all of the way. My daughter and I have been walking about 2 miles every morning up and down hills and we have both been trying to eat well. Gen is trying and succeeding better than I am. I lost 5 pounds after the first week, 2 pounds after the second week and only one pound after week 3. I am thankful for the 8 pounds total but still have a long way to go. I am going to try for another 8 pounds in the next three weeks and continue on after this challenge is over.

I am also logging exercise, food intake and weight on nutrimirror.com which counts your intake and weight loss progress. They value low calorie intake and low fat, but I am more concerned with low carbohydrate intake and good fat intake. The site is helpful in keeping me accountable with what I eat though. It also says that more than one pound a week is unhealthy, but I know that 2 # per week if fine and if you are obese as I am you can loose even more proportionally. This site provide you with BMI (Body Mass Index) and tells you if you are obese or not. Overall a good tool.

I have been encouraged by all of the testimonies and struggles of each of you ladies and pray that God will encourage you as He has encouraged me.

3 comments:

Sarah K said...

Annie,

This time around I am realizing that baby steps are the best. You are making a habit and that is the best! Way to go!

Keep on keeping on!

Unknown said...

Great job, Anne! Isn´t it wonderful you have Gen to do this with you! I am praying for my mom to get on the wagon. She is walking more but not enough. I pray that I can help her when I get to the states.

Congratulations on the 8lbs lost. I am glad that other web site is working for you. It sounds really neat. I will check it out.

Love ya
and sweatin it with ya
Dani Joy

Ketty said...

Doing great lady, loosin 8 lbs is a great way to start and will encourage you to keep going.

keep sweating.
ketty