Sunday, October 24, 2010

Dealing with the Yo-yo

This week has definitely had it's highs and lows. I have done much better at getting out and moving, even pushing it to a full hour instead of stopping at 20 or 40 minutes. The couch to 5K program I am following is pushing me too .... Yesterday I had to run 10 minutes at a time and I believe this week it gets extended even more. At least with Fall, I have great weather and do not have to worry about it being too hot after 9 AM. I do OK at getting out and getting the run out of the way before I take the kids to school, at least on Thursday mornings, and have even had a few successes with my hubby's helpful nudges, of getting a workout in later in the day. Plus I have some really nice locations near the house to go walking in. Who else can walk to the Eiffel Tower, Trevi Fountain, the Brandenburg Gate and a Greek Theater and be back home in an hour? I will try to post a slide show of photos of the beautiful park that finally opened up by our neighborhood.

The downs have definitely been in the food department. Friday's free day (including homemade pizza and whoopie pies) seems to have extended to Sunday (Baked spaghetti casserole, homemade apple crisp, and then my hubby made this huge cookie sheet of nachos for just the two of us to eat while watching tv). The skinny jeans are very snug tonight. The apple crisp actually tasted too sweet to me afterwards, and the nachos were just so-so and I should have stopped eating them when they really didn't hit the spot. Now I will try to remember that while I am huffing and puffing to work off those stupid calories tomorrow. maybe I won't make those decisions again -- eating out of habit or guilt.

Hoping this coming week will be better. No points for weight or inches yet ... and at this rate I will have to lose weight just to get back down to my starting weight.

Have a great week everyone! Glad some of you are doing better than I am in the self control department.

2 comments:

Charlie said...

Hi Madridmom,

I am so with you. I did so well this week with getting my exercise. Then yesterday, I had a tea party with my sisters and guess what? Those little bites of this and that do add up. I couldn't believe by the time I stood up I was so full, not only of tea but mini cheesecakes.

I'm going to have to really work this week if I want to see results.

Charlie

Unknown said...

Keep at it, girl! I know your body will comply.

I have to get my body under subjection too.

Crunchin´it with ya,
Dani Joy