Saturday, November 13, 2010

Holiday Sales Are Killing Me!

Went to the grocery store again tonight to buy some very healthy Salmon. I was so hungry for it and Trevor was up for it too. My question is, why can't I just go in and get what I need and be done. I see all the sales going on and decide maybe there's something good. Well Marie Callendar pies are on sale, Egg Nog is decently prices, all the baking goods are on sale too. All the things I really love. I stop in front of the pies and try to convince myself that it's okay to just buy one. Can you believe it, I actually had self control enough not to get any of it. I decided to pick up some natural walnuts and almonds instead. I just can't promise how long I'll be able to keep this up. I am trying though.

My son helped me make dinner tonight. He cooked the salmon while I chopped up the mushrooms, bell pepper, and onion for our side dish. It was such a delicious and healthy dinner. Because he helped he actually ate all his veggies and salmon. We also had a little bit of rice with our dinner.

All in all it's been a very successful day. Praise the Lord!

Charlie

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Way to go, Charlie!!! I am so encouraged by this. When it's you choosing take advantage. Cause when others are serving, it's so hard not to sample everything. uhhhgg!

from my experience right now, allowing a little is allowing too much. uhhggg!

Crunching with ya,
Dani Joy