Thursday, December 23, 2010

Final Christmas Crunch Post

Whew! Here we are just before Christmas and finished with our challenge. The last 3 weeks I haven't been able to do as much as I had hoped. I had to have vein surgery on both legs that has left me out of commission as far as my normal exercising goes - I was supposed to keep my feet propped up a lot or be moving around. I experienced very little pain after the first leg and was able to do slow step aerobics after just a few days, but I experienced a lot of pain with the second leg and couldn't do much at all for almost two weeks. Nonetheless, I have really enjoyed being a part of the challenge, and am thankful for the motivation that it was. I didn't meet my weight loss goal but did make some progress. I lost 5 lbs. and am able to fit back into my size 10 clothes though it doesn't seem that my measurements changed at all (not sure why). And, after our late summer move, I got back into the rhythm of exercising an hour 5 or 6 days a week! More than anything, I am so thankful for my husband's progress this year. He has lost over 50 lbs. and it is so wonderful to motivate and encourage one another in our eating and exercising! Thank you once again, Danielle! Merry Christmas!

Final Results:
1. 5 lbs. lost
2. apparently 0 inches lost :(
3. 47 hours of excercise

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Great job! You maybe in the running, still, Vicki. You at least lost weight. I gained

Love
Dani Joy

Sarah K said...

Congratulations on being able to fit back into your size 10 clothes!
I hope your legs are feeling a lot better and you aren't in pain.
Happy New Year!
~Sarah