Sunday, February 20, 2011

Diet Tip: WATER

I shared this under a comment about water, but thought I would make it an official diet tip!  It is recommended as best for your health to drink 1/2 your body weight in ounces in water each day.  (i.e. if you weight 150lbs drink 75ounces of water.) 
It can be very hard to get that much water in--especially if you are significantly overweight!  What I found to help me drink the water was to drink it in 16.9oz water bottles.  I would set a goal to have the bottle down by __o'clock.  Or, I won't eat lunch until I finish the bottle, or I will reward myself with an apple when I've drunk __bottles.  Drinking from a bottle seems to really help.  A glass seems intimidating, but a water bottle seems manageable.  I also make myself a chart and tick them off....I LOVE ticking things off!  :-)
There is nothing better than water.  Once you get other stuff out of your system, you will feel revived and refreshed with water. 
Drink to your health!

1 comment:

Ruth H. said...

I am SO with you on this one. Water has helped me immensely with cravings. Yes, I do believe there is something about drinking water from a bottle. Keeps me motivated anyway!