I know the challenge started last Wednesday but in a way I am feeling like it is starting today. I am feeling very positive about all the changes I am trying to make in my life and feel like I have made some really positive strides in the right direction. Here's just a brief list of the things that are "going right" today....
1. I was in bed before 11pm last night so I woke up feeling refreshed this morning. Although I probably should have gotten up when I first woke up at 7 and done some exercising, I enjoyed some extra snuggle time with my warm blankets and still was up by 7:30.
2. I ate some breakfast, albeit a small one. One piece of thin toasted bread, a banana and a glass of juice.
3. I was able to do my daily Bible reading for today before taking the kids to school.
4. I attacked my housework with a good attitude and with vigor (even worked up a sweat doing it) by calling Flylady Bingo over on facebook. (write down 6 jobs you want to tackle in the house and then do one each 15 minutes and every 45 min take a 15 min break.) I was able to clean my large bathroom, change the bed, clean the living room, vacuum the living room floor, and get 2 loads of laundry done. I kept working and have a good start on this week's menu plan in my head. I plan to finish it so I can do some grocery shopping tomorrow.
5. Lunch (our big meal of the day) was healthy ... boneless turkey breast, cauliflower -- sauteed in olive oil with garlic, tossed salad, and baked sweet potato. Turns out when I went to sit down at the table I found out that we were all out of butter. I didn't really want to eat my sweet potato without it so I passed on the potato and ate everything else.
Update: Lunch was good but didn't stick with my hubby and I for long. By 5 we were hungry again so we snacks on some nuts and raisins. Dinner was left over chili and hotdogs, plus finishing up the corn muffins that were left over from yesterday. I even got an hour workout in and got the high score on 2 of the wii fit plus games. 1288 on the 10 minute rhythm boxing and 3412 on the 10 minute hula hoop. Beat that, Cindy Bunker. :-) It is 11:15 and I plan to head to bed after posting this and read for just a little before going to sleep. I should make the before midnight goal tonight.