Monday, February 21, 2011

Madridmom Monday Journal

Hello everyone!

I know the challenge started last Wednesday but in a way I am feeling like it is starting today. I am feeling very positive about all the changes I am trying to make in my life and feel like I have made some really positive strides in the right direction. Here's just a brief list of the things that are "going right" today....
1. I was in bed before 11pm last night so I woke up feeling refreshed this morning. Although I probably should have gotten up when I first woke up at 7 and done some exercising, I enjoyed some extra snuggle time with my warm blankets and still was up by 7:30.
2. I ate some breakfast, albeit a small one. One piece of thin toasted bread, a banana and a glass of juice.
3. I was able to do my daily Bible reading for today before taking the kids to school.
4. I attacked my housework with a good attitude and with vigor (even worked up a sweat doing it) by calling Flylady Bingo over on facebook. (write down 6 jobs you want to tackle in the house and then do one each 15 minutes and every 45 min take a 15 min break.) I was able to clean my large bathroom, change the bed, clean the living room, vacuum the living room floor, and get 2 loads of laundry done. I kept working and have a good start on this week's menu plan in my head. I plan to finish it so I can do some grocery shopping tomorrow.
5. Lunch (our big meal of the day) was healthy ... boneless turkey breast, cauliflower -- sauteed in olive oil with garlic, tossed salad, and baked sweet potato. Turns out when I went to sit down at the table I found out that we were all out of butter. I didn't really want to eat my sweet potato without it so I passed on the potato and ate everything else.

Update: Lunch was good but didn't stick with my hubby and I for long. By 5 we were hungry again so we snacks on some nuts and raisins. Dinner was left over chili and hotdogs, plus finishing up the corn muffins that were left over from yesterday. I even got an hour workout in and got the high score on 2 of the wii fit plus games. 1288 on the 10 minute rhythm boxing and 3412 on the 10 minute hula hoop. Beat that, Cindy Bunker. :-) It is 11:15 and I plan to head to bed after posting this and read for just a little before going to sleep. I should make the before midnight goal tonight.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Awesome job, Alice! I am so pumped up! YOu got this organizing thing down. My day would be impossible to put down on paper. haha I mean I don´t know if I even knew what I was doing. Well, at least that´s how my brain felt. Somehow the groceries got bought, the kids got taught, the exercising got done, food got made, and the kids got to bed. How it happened is beyond me. Totally, felt like a wirlwind all day till just about an hour ago.

I think I need to follow your lead and get up when I first hear my alarm. ;) Gotta get a good start tomorrow for sure. And then Wednesday, we are adding a little baby to our schedule in the afternoon.

I love all the new changes. I hope you and I can stick to them. We can do all things through Christ.

Dani Joy

KathyH said...

I'm lovin' how organized you are. Keep it up and keep blogging, it's an inspiration to the rest of us.

BTW, that extra warm snuggly time between the 2 alarms is my favourite part of the day :D

Blessings

Kathy <><