Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Sarah D - Week 2 journal

Well, it's the end of week 2 for me here. And... I weighed and measured myself this morning, and I have lost 2 pounds and 5 inches! Woo hoo! Although those first 2 pounds are a bit encouraging, I also have had a lot of experience with the scale fluctuating a couple pounds here and there. So I think I will be even more encouraged when I see a more solid downward movement in the numbers on the scale!

I have had a pretty successful week. Have been seeing a lot more correlation with being disciplined in my spiritual life and then being successful in being disciplined in my physical life as well. Very encouraging. I also have been keeping up with exercise, getting that 40 minutes of activity in just about every day. Well, 5 days a week at least. :-)

I am keeping up with the NO desserts and there is just something freeing about being able to say "No" rather than having to make the decision about whether to have one, how many to have, etc. It is so encouraging to actually see myself have the discipline in this area as this was something I never thought I would be able to do! I did have a "free" day on Saturday - had a bit of ice cream at a birthday party my girls went to, and had some dessert for dinner that night. But, I didn't feel guilty about it! And, as someone else mentioned in the comments of an earlier post, I found that I didn't have to have quite as much - a couple bites was sufficient!

Still enjoying my fruit smoothies for snacks and even lunch sometimes. I'll continue on for another week and hope to see more results! I am not a big blogger so don't be surprised if the next you hear from me is in a week. I am sure not going to get all the points I could from blogging, I just don't think I have it in me :-)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That´s great Sarah, about the weightloss and all the wonderful new habits and disciplines being formed. I do believe our spiritual life is benifited by our physical disciplines but of course, I always have to emphasize and pray that I don´t put more focus on the physical. May the Lord help us and guide us to be balanced for HIM.

That is perfectly fine about not blogging as much. No problems there. I have had ladies win the challenge by not blogging much at all. They stuck with the exercising and eating right. They lost inches and lbs. YOu are doing wonderful!!!

Springing with ya in Jesus,

Dani Joy

Charlie said...

So happy for the weight loss and inches. Congratulations! Balance is very important.

Isn't it great, not to have that guilty feeling anymore. One more foot hold that Satan has lost. Praise the Lord!

Charlie