Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Tips for drinking water

Just wanted to share some tips with you for getting enough water. I am not always the best at making sure to get enough water, but right now (it is 1 pm here) I have finished my 3rd 20 oz bottle!

So here are some tips for drinking enough water:
- Fill up a pitcher or individual water bottles at the beginning of the day with your daily "allotment" in it, and when the pitcher/bottles are empty, you will know you've reached your goal!
OR
- Use a re-usable water bottle that has the volume marked on the side, and fill it up the right number of times to get your daily goal (ex: fill up a 16-oz water bottle 4 times)
- Make sure the water is COLD. For some reason I find it easier to drink cold water than room-temp water!
- If you don't have enough room in your fridge for all that water use ice. I love ice in my water. Even with cold water, I still usually throw in some ice cubes!
- If you like the taste, add some sliced lemons, limes, or even cucumbers to your water.

And my last tip is something that really makes the difference for me:
- Use a straw! I know it sounds silly, but although I love ice in my water, I don't like the feeling of the ice touching my teeth while I am trying to drink my water. So, I use a straw. And it also makes it feel more like a restaurant or drinking from a fast food cup. And I don't know about you, but I sure can put away the drinks when I am eating out! So using a straw really helps me to be able to drink enough water!

And that's all for today, folks :-)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I do the fill up several times. I have a cup that´s 16 oz. I drink 4 or more of them a day. I try to get in 6 of them.

Thanks for the tips!

It always helps to have more options.

Dani JOY