Friday, April 8, 2011

Taking a vacation

One of the things that our pastor has encouraged us to do recently is "rest". He loves to say "you need to depart daily, withdraw weekly, and abandon annually" before you come apart! I am not very good at doing any of those things because I love my work at the church, and when I go away for any amount of time, it is usually to do more work, or visit family or friends that do not keep a relaxed schedule. Last night we had our Spring Concert at school and my choirs and bells performed very well. When I got done, I was pleased with the result and ready for a break. So today I drove to PA to visit my dad for the weekend. We are on school vacation so it was a good time to come. So I am just saying that I am taking a break from everything including the challenge. He lives at a retirement community and the food here is absolutely delicious. I will try not to overeat, but I want him to get his money's worth as he pays for my meals. Because he is a little unstable on his feet (he is 84) we won't be doing a great deal of exercise, but I do have to walk to the dining room with him and it is probably 1/3 to 1/2 mile from his apartment. This morning when I stepped on the scale I was down 9 lbs from the start of this challenge. I saw a number I haven't seen in a couple of years. I wore a dress for the concert last night that I couldn't get buttoned for a long time. I still have a ways to go, but I am so pleased with what I've done so far. Thank you for the challenge and the encouragement! Keep springing and I hope to see some more posts from my all of you! I really enjoy reading them.

2 comments:

Madridmom said...

was the dress the one you were wearing in the photo of you and Amber on facebook? I was going to say that you look really good in that picture ... I can tell that you have lost some weight. Have a great time away. I am trying to push myself a lot this week and next because I also plan to relax while I am away with the kids on vacation.

Cindy B. said...

Yes, that was the dress. It was tight around the waist, but at least I could get it buttoned. Wish I could join you for the week away . . . I just didn't plan this year quite right. That would have been a blast. Enjoy your week and don't feel any guilt eating. Just enjoy it. Your body will adapt once you get back home.