Sunday, October 6, 2013

Be Strong!

One of my favorite verses and motivation in life is 

"Be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might." 

Of course, I know the Bible isn´t speaking of exercise here. It isn´t even talking about physical strength at all. It is all spiritual. Really, there is an energy force out there that is very strong. It is to be respected and combated.

This force is called "principalities..darkness of this world". It is the reason we must get strong.

How do we get spiritually strong? It´s all mapped out for you in Ephesians 6:11- 18. First, we must put on the whole armor of God. This is the truth of God´s Word, righteousness, the gospel of peace, the shield of faith, the helmet of Salvation, the sword of the Spirit, and prayer.

So where does health and fitness come in? I apply it as a reminder that all these areas must be in tact, and working together in order for me to be healthy and strong. I also must care for my body and do my best for Jesus in every area.

 I believe, that fitness and health is often forgotten about or even looked down upon. We do have to be careful not to allow our fitness and health goals to take first place in our lives. These are just a tool to helping us to be more disciplined and more able to serve to our fullest capacity. Each one of us before the Lord, asking what areas He would have us to concentrate on. I realize that not everyone will workout an hour a day nor will they cut out all sugar and carbs. Maybe this would not even be healthy for some. We all must evaluate ourselves.

Reading other passages in scripture help me to also stay balanced. If you think that maybe your perspective on fitness and health is becoming obsessive, find a check and balance partner. For me, this is my husband. I ask him often if I am taking it too far, if I am not focusing on the main thing. Here at Faith Fitness and Fun, we should also keep each other in check and encourage each other.

So, for me "being strong" is asking God to make me strong in every area. It is much broader than just working out and eating healthy. It is first, spending time in God´s word,and in prayer. Then having time with family, time with fellow Christians, and also planning in time to take care of myself.

It is not easy.  I know. That is why I have started Faith Fitness and Fun, to find friends who will rally around each other.

We have made it two weeks! How have you been becoming stronger in every area? Share some of your spiritual moments, too! These pick us all up!

Praying and Crunching,
Dani Joy








No comments: