Monday, October 26, 2009

Hi Ladies.... Count Me In!



Hi Ladies, I'm Kristy and I live in Alberta, Canada. My family and I are missionaries to the cold north. We love the Lord; and absolutely love it here where the Lord has called us!

Well, to get down to the nitty gritty. I have battled my weight all of my life. As a child, I remember being made fun of at school. I am convinced that this was related to the way our family ate at home. As I approached my teen years, I basically stopped eating to lose weight and "fit in". Off to college I went, and found a friend that liked cookie dough as well as I , and we gained the freshman 15 together! My sophomore year, we smartened up eating salads and walking at 5:30 each morning before classes. Well, I got married and about 18 months later our first child was born. After that, it was 4 pregnancies in 4 years, deputation, moving to a new country, stress, and yep... pregnant again:) I love my babies, and obviously the weight likes me, as it tends to hang on for a while.

My weight has always been a roller coaster.... up and down. After my second baby, I let myself reach the heaviest. That was 30lbs heavier than I am now!

Last January, seven months after the birth of our fourth child and another move to finally reach the place of God's choosing, I decided it was time to do something. At that time, I needed to get off 14lbs from the pregnancy- to be where I was before the pregnancy. This is a picture of me a few days after Christmas 2008. I was barely able to bend over to tie my ice skates! The coat doesn't help much for looks, but it was sure keepin' me warm:)
December 2008

I started exercising and trying harder to watch what I was eating. I dropped lots of inches and 12lbs. It made a huge difference. I was able to wear skirts that had not fit in a while, and even some I had gotten at the thrift shop for such a good deal:) Do you have any like that?




Since these photos below are in the same shirt, I thought it might give you an idea of how far I've come...v e r y s l o w l y.
September 2008

October 2009


Where I am now:
I have lost the weight from all babies except the first... 30 lbs are hangin' on for dear life! I'm feeling much better than last year, however I would love to be healthier. When I am healthier, I can be better for the Lord and for my family. I sure cannot do this in my own strength! I even feeling a little reluctant now, as I think about all those Christmas goodies. My mom, dad, sister, and grandmothers have all had weight loss surgery... so that tells you that my family has gravy blood... right? I'll sure need lots of prayer and encouragement, and I will try my best to give you ladies the same. I'm looking forward to getting to know each of you and having someone to be accountable to:)

6 comments:

Unknown said...

oh Kristy, you sound like me! All the babies, and deputations! You got me up one baby though. ;) Praise the Lord for the but lets start taking care of ourselves too. Right?

Well, here I sit getting this blog ready. It is a huge answer to my prayer that it seems to be running smoothly so far.

I am so glad you signed up! I look forward to getting to know you more and Crunching it together!

Dani Joy

Susan said...

yes, deputation and furlough fat....but enough with excuses (talking to myself here). ;-)

Amazing change for sure already. Keep it up sister!

yes, wanting to be our best so we can serve the Lord with our best. Excellent!

Blessings to you!

From another missionary sister in Argentina - Susan

Mary said...

Hi Kristi...I can sure identify with you...roller coaster ride all the way. You've done a great job in getting most of the weight off...the rest will come off, too. I'm finding some very good information and encouragement from Dr. Oz's website, that Dani referred us to. I took the "real age" questionaire..if you want an eye opener, take it...you will be unpleasantly surprised.

We're all praying for each other, and I know we will find the encouragement we need right here over the next 8 weeks. If we need more, maybe we can talk Dani into continuing it until NEXT Christmas!

God bless,
Mary

Joy said...

Hi Kristi,
Nice to meet you too! Just wanted to write to encourage you. You are on the right track. I had a hysterectomy at 32 (that is a long story) and my family on my Dad´s side have always been large (I can identify with the gravy blood). That is something I´ve accepted, but am trying not to use it as an excuse :)like I used to.
I´m thanking the Lord for the Crunch...the accountability and encouragement is what I need!

Beth in NC said...

Nice to meet you Kristy. You look great! I have the last 30 hanging on too. I can relate!

I look forward to shrinking with you.

Blessings!
Beth

Deanna W. said...

Looking good! Keep crunchin'!