Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Christmas? Already?

Yes, it IS too early to be thinking about Christmas, but it´s never too early to be thinking about your health and fitness! Right?

It is amazing to me that after five years, the Christmas Crunch Challenge is still going and growing. This year, I wanted it to be the best ever, and after having asked, Tricia Gillespie and Rachel Smith, two of our own Faith, Fitness and Fun girls and, also, two of my blogging buddies, to give their expertise, I know that it will be awesome! 

If you are new here, you may be asking, "What is this Christmas Crunch Challenge? 



Back in 2009, I had several ladies asking me how I had lost the weight, and if I could do something to help them. I really wanted to, but had no idea how. Over the phone, and little by little, to each one at different times, was a small start; but what if I could help more ladies get healthy and in shape?

I started the Faith, Fitness and Fun blog, and invited a handful of ladies to my first ever Christmas Crunch Challenge. I gave them my tips and how to´s on the blog and even invented a simple point system to follow. It was so much fun to see them start to interact on our own special blog; chatting about their exercising, sharing videos and competing for fun! 

Not only were we losing weight, and having fun, but we were inspiring and uplifting others. With our faith in God, all things are possible. God gave me the strength to lose 40lbs, and I give Him all the glory for what He has done through the Faith, Fitness, and Fun challenges. 

Many of the ladies who started with us back in 2009, are still keeping on their fitness journeys for life. They were able to implement new habits and disciplines, which made it easier for them to lose weight and get in shape. It is a challenge that works! Check out some of their testimonies.

My main motto for all my challenges is that we are not on a diet, it´s a fitness journey for life. No turning back! 

The points are easy to follow. I am working hard to make them even easier. We track our exercise, Healthy Eating Plan (HEP), water consumption, weight and volume loss and participation. Every challenge, we use a handy spread sheet to keep track of our points. We also, have our own private Facebook group where we interact, post points, and encourage one another. 

The challenge is divided into three, 30 day challenges. There will be a winner for each. Then the points will start over, allowing for new members to join and to keep the interest alive. We give $10 online gift certificates for each winner and at the end of the 12 weeks there will be an over all winner of all the three parts. 

Are you ready to join? 

This year there is a $5 joining fee. This is only to cover the prizes we will be giving away. None of the money will go to me. In fact, I will be joining too! I can´t wait! Every year, I participate, but don´t win the prize, because I am the one giving the prizes.

To sign up, please place a $5 donation by Pay Pal at the button on the side bar. You may also participate without the option of any prizes by placing a comment below indicating such.

The point system and rules will be available soon. 

Tell all your friends! The more support you have, the more likely you will stick with your goals. 

Ready to Crunch with ya,

Dani Joy 


2 comments:

The Domestic Fringe said...

Girl, I'm in! No matter how much I moan and groan about exercise, I need it.

You're doing a great thing. This challenge is the most supportive and encouraging around. Can't wait to get started!

~FringeGirl

Unknown said...

Thanks Fringe Girl! Awesome!