Wednesday, December 31, 2014

A New Stage in my Fitness Journey

Yep, this was me in 2007 and 2009. It took me a year and a half to get 40 lbs off! Following a healthy eating plan (what I call my HEP) and exercising intensly 5-6 days a week. This was just the beginning of My journey

   

After duel vericose vein surgery in December 2014, and a major move from Spain to the good ol' USA, I have 15-20 lbs to get back off! 

As we start the New Year's 30 Day Challenge, I wanted to post my plan of action. 

1. Increasing my exercise to 5-6 days a week and intensify by doing a exercise videos or run and do my park routine 30 -60 minutes a day. 

2.  MY HEP will be low carb, high protien, natural foods. 

MY Foods to Avoid from AuthorityNutrition.com


I will avoid these 7 foods, in order of importance:
  • Sugar: Soft drinks, fruit juices, agave, candy, ice cream and many others.
  • Gluten Grains: Wheat, spelt, barley and rye. Includes breads and pastas.
  • Trans Fats: “Hydrogenated” or “partially hydrogenated” oils.
  • High Omega-6 Seed- and Vegetable Oils: Cottonseed-, soybean-, sunflower-, grapeseed-, corn-, safflower and canola oils.
  • Artificial Sweeteners: Aspartame, Saccharin, Sucralose, Cyclamates and Acesulfame Potassium. Use Stevia instead.
  • “Diet” and “Low-Fat” Products: Many dairy products, cereals, crackers, etc.
  • Highly Processed Foods: If it looks like it was made in a factory, don’t eat it.

Low Carb Food List – Foods to Eat

I will base my diet on these real, unprocessed, low-carb foods.
Woman Holding Salad
  • Meat: Beef, lamb, pork, chicken and others. Grass-fed is best.
  • Fish: Salmon, trout, haddock and many others. Wild-caught fish is best.
  • Eggs: Omega-3 enriched or pastured eggs are best.
  • Vegetables: Spinach, broccoli, cauliflower, carrots and many others.
  • Fruits: Apples, oranges, pears, blueberries, strawberries.
  • Nuts and Seeds: Almonds, walnuts, sunflower seeds, etc.
  • High-Fat Dairy: Cheese, butter, heavy cream, yogurt.
  • Fats and Oils: Coconut oil, butter, lard, olive oil and cod fish liver oil.
3. I will take Plexus Slim, Boost, and Block along with the Bio Cleanse. These products are amazing tools to help jump start weight loss as well as help with maintenance. Check out HERE how you can start yours today. 

Novemeber 2014 working out with my 14 yr old, Drew!
This is a life long journey. With God's strength, I will persevere. 
What is your plan? 

♡ Dani Joy

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow dear, you really look different. I can see how much efforts you have made to come back in shape. These days I am also struggling hard to lose weight, it will be a great help if you can share your exercise videos here. Thanks in advance.