Thursday, May 2, 2013

What do I Eat? ie...What is my HEP??

Yes, HEP! 

 Say "Yes" to a Healthy eating plan! 
and  "NO" to DIETS!!!

How do you know if you are eating healthy? Well, I have been on several different plans but, the one that works for me is an all natural, high fiber, low carb, no sugar, HEP! 

Here is what one day may look like for me. 

Breakfast:
- a 8 - 16 oz glass of water before breakfast
-2 slices of whole wheat sugar free toast with queso fresco (soft cheese), Cream cheese, honey or cheese and ham.  Not all at once of course. 
- Coffee - no milk, no sugar

Mid- Morning Snack: 
- a corn cake and a piece of sugar free dark 70% chocolate
or
- almonds
- sometimes more coffee and more chocolate. 

Lunch: (this is our big meal of the day here in Spain) sorry it´s blurry.
- Steak with mushrooms, onions and peppers over a bed of spinach
(the best meal my hubby has ever made! I made the veggies, he did the meat) 

Snack or desert - 
-hot tea with sf chocolate (if I didn´t have any in the morning)
o
-a sf yogurt

Supper- ( this is very hard for me, because I love to snack at night)
- another salad with mixed greens, white cheese, and ham (no sugar) vineger and oil.
- sf yogurt with extra protein
- a Wasa cracker with ham and cheese.

I don´t normally eat very much fruit anymore , but if I do, I eat an apple or a pear. These are low in sugars. (GI) And I eat them by themselves. 

It is very important to eat a balanced diet and enough fiber. 

I follow Jillian Michael´s Make the Cut and Jorge Cruises´Belly Fat Cure and often combine the things I have learned. 

To make it simple, I just keep it to these four NO´s 

NO white sugar
No white flour
No fried foods
NO skipping meals

I have one free day a week! This gets me through! 

Mix and match, ladies, find what works for you, but whatever you do, don´t call it a diet! Find something that you can stick to for life! 

Sweatin´ it with ya, 
Dani Joy

7 comments:

momstheword said...

Thank you for giving us an idea of what you eat! I just can't imagine no white flour and no white sugar, lol! But I know it's doable! ;)

Unknown said...

Yeah, it´s tough at first. Especially when I cook pasta for the boys. I love pasta! and it loves to cling to me!

I have put on 8 lbs because I let up on the carbs. It comes on so fast!

But we can do this for life! It´s a must to stay healthy for our family. ;)

NOw to get to bed on time!

the domestic fringe said...

That meal your hubby made looks wonderful!

I've been trying to stick to high fiber, high protein. I eat fruit and nuts a lot for snacks. As long as I keep my calories within a certain range, it seems to work for me.
~FringeGirl

the domestic fringe said...

Oh, and thanks for linking to Saturday Night Stars! :-)

Hope lots of people come read your blog.
~FringeGirl

Deanna said...

I've been using MyFitness Pal to help me keep track of calories. I need to eat more fruit. Chocolate seems more appealing some days - lol.

Thanks for all the great info on your blog. I look forward to trying some of the recipes you have posted.

Unknown said...

That´s great Tricia! Thanks for doing Saturday Night STars!

you are looking great!

Dani

Unknown said...

Thank you Deanna for stopping by! I totally understand about the chocolate!

Dani