I mentioned this in a previous post. It is copied from the "No excuses workouts" page and they suggest you print it and put it on your fridge.
15 Secrets to Better Health
ATTITUDE & FOCUS
1) Concentrate on your health as opposed to losing weight. If you have kids, concentrate on your kids and how you losing weight will help improve the energy you bring to your relationship with them.
2) Hold yourself accountable and don't make excuses. We are all extremely busy, but you can fit movement into your schedule. You owe it to yourself to have some personal time at least 3 times per week.
3) When you exercise, be proud of yourself. Know how much that it positively affects your energy, health and life.
4) Stay positive. Life is too short to beat yourself up over weight that you have gained or workouts you have missed. Stay positive and it will help all areas of your life.
5) Have fun. If your workouts are not fun, then you are not going to keep doing them. So, if you dread going to a gym, don't go. Instead, go for a walk, play with your kids in the yard, etc. If you can turn the dreaded exercise word into a fun activity, then your chances of being successful go up dramatically.
6) Throw the rear view mirror out the window. Concentrate on today and tomorrow. You can't change the past and beating yourself up is only going to drag you down and move you in the wrong direction. Today is a new day so take advantage of it.
EXERCISE & MOVEMENT
7) Do interval workouts 2 or 3 days per week. Intervals help you BURN 30% MORE CALORIES PER WORKOUT and can help leave your metabolism elevated for up to 12 hours after each workout. You can access a FREE sample workout by going to: "http://www.NoExcusesWorkouts.com/"
8) Do the 6-minute No Excuses Workout 2 or 3 days per week. You can do this quick and highly effective strength training workout right in your living room; no equipment is required.
9) Turn random acts into fitness. Take the stairs at work, park in the furthest spot at the store or work, play with your kids instead of sitting on the sideline, walk in place while brushing your teeth, etc. Be creative and you can turn activities you already do into opportunities to improve your health.
10) Always eat breakfast & NEVER skip meals. Try to have breakfast within 1 hour of waking up. This will help keep your metabolism buzzing. Skipping meals causes your metabolism to slow down and sends the signal to your body to store your next meal as fat in order to avoid starving.
11) Drink 64 ounces of water per day, plus one additional ounce per minute of workout time. You should be going to the bathroom at least once per hour.
12) Eat something every 2 to 3 hours. Make sure to have healthy snacks midmorning and mid-afternoon. This also helps keep your metabolism buzzing.
13) Control your Portions. Avoid seconds and eat until you are no longer hungry versus until you are full.
14) Only eat dessert once per week. This could save you 300 calories per day on the six non-dessert days (1,800 calories per week). Since you have to have burned 3,500 more calories than you consume to lose 1 pound, this new habit could lead to losing an additional pound every two weeks or 26 pounds in one year!
15) Limit yourself to one soda per day. This is tough, but the excess sugar is not good for your health and can cause major ups and downs as far as your energy level. Instead, view your one soda as a treat and substitute in water for a healthier habit.
Information provided by Jonathan Roche, Founder & CEO, Breakthrough Health & Fitness, Inc.