Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Food tip


I still haven´t gone shopping and can´t go until Friday so it´s hard to decide what to eat specially at night. But I like to buy vegetables almost every other day. So tonight I had a tomato and asparagus salad. For dressing just the typical Spanish dressing, olive oil, vinegar and salt and it was really good. (I also used a tsp of parshley)

I hope you can try it and enjoy it. And just to let you know, asparagus are extremaly healthy, I just read a lot about it, and Asparagus is one of the most nutritionally well-balanced vegetables in existence http://www.asparagus.org/maab/nutrition.html

Asparagus is:
  • Low in calories, only 20 per 5.3 oz. serving, less than 4 calories per spear.
  • Contains no fat or cholesterol.
  • Very low in sodium.
  • A good source of potassium.(1)
  • A source of fiber (3 grams per 5.3 oz. serving). (2)
  • An excellent source of folacin. (3)
  • A significant source of thiamin. (4)
  • A significant source of vitamin B6. (4)
  • One of the richest sources of rutin, a compound which strengthens capillary walls.
  • Contains glutathione (GSH). (5)

ketty

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Was that asparagus from a jar? boy does it look good!

Thanks for posting about that I will try it soon.

Dani JOy

Ketty said...

NO, they are asparagus from a can, but they are the same anyway.

Ketty

Siberia said...

I LOVE fresh asparagus. We used to grow it in our garden in the states. I've tried starting a bed here, but it failed. I was so sad. We have 1 plant in our flower bed. I usually eat it myself as soon as it's ready each year.

Tami