Friday, October 15, 2010

Guilty!

So, last night we took the family out to Howah (chinese food-buffet). I had a great day filled with Pilates and Cardio so I thought chinese was a good choice. I purposely took only 1 of each item (lowering my portions) when suddenly my plate had more items than usual. I had to eat everything since we are firm believers in not wasting food and you can't take anything home from a buffet. I think I felt more guilt from being greedy than I felt from being overstuffed! I came home and immediately did a 15 minute after dinner walk (video)-bad idea. Next time I'll make better choices-before, during, and after...
Proverbs 23:1-3 "When you sit down to eat with a ruler, consider carefully what is before you; and put a knife to your throat if you are a man given to appetite (yikes!). Do not desire his delicacies, for they are deceptive food." Yes, Lord...I hear You. So be it!

2 comments:

Cindy B. said...

I so enjoyed your post today. Buffets are the worst!!!! Thanks for sharing. And I love the verse you added. Thanks for your encouragement. -- Cindy B.

Unknown said...

Another great verse to remember. I need it daily.
thank you for sharing your daily lessons as well. You are transperant but that is what makes you a great help to others.

Love ya, have a great Lord´s day,
Love in Him,
Dani Joy