Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Introduction to Christmas Crunch 2010

Hi, my name is Vicki King. My husband and I are missionaries in Germany. I joined Dani's spring challenge earlier this year and surpassed my personal goal by losing 11 pounds! My husband and I had both decided to work harder at losing weight in January of this year. I was so pround of him - he lost over 50 lbs. (unfortunately it set off some gall bladder problems and ended up in him having surgery). But he is feeling so much better. We moved to a new city at the end of August, and so this is perfect timing for me to get back into an excercise routine.

My personal goal for this challenge is to lose 10 more pounds. That would get me down within a few pounds of my ideal weight. I am also right between a size 12 and size 10 and so would like to comfortably wear those size 10 skirts again! Our new house is 3 stories (a row house) plus a basement, so I am getting in lots of stairs now. I plan on doing aerobic excercise at least 5 times a week and weights 2 or 3 times a week. Plus I want to cut out the sugary snacks I was enjoying during the summer months. I will most likely have to have vein surgery on both legs before the end of the year, but hopefully I can meet my goal anyway.

Happy Crunching!

2 comments:

Charlie said...

Hi,

It looks like you will get your exercise in just walking around in your home. 3 stories, is a lot of stairs. That's great though from the physical stand point. That is so great that you attained your goal last time. I'm sure with the Lord's help you will reach it again this time around.

Let's keep encouraging each other.

Charlie

Anonymous said...

I have a friend who lives in Germany. She also has a home with 3 floors and a basement. I can see how this type of house can aid greatly in you getting extra exercise.

Happy exercising!

Kathryn :-)