Saturday, November 13, 2010

Saturday check-in

Even though I slept in a little later today than I had planned to, I was still able to get out to do the Couch to 5K workout (I am on week 8 so I have a 5 minute warmup walk then 28 minutes of jogging and a 5 min cooldown walk). I was so glad to be able to jog the whole 28 minutes without having to stop and walk. I went a new route to see a bit more of the neighborhood where we would love to start a church. I found the elementary school where one of my daughter's classmates from kindergarten transferred to and found myself wondering if perhaps the Lord will lead us into that neighborhood and have us transfer Lydia there in another year or so as a way to meet people in the area.
I stuck to the menu plan today except for one thing. I had put broccoli soup on the menu for tonight but didn't have time to make it before we had to leave for youth group, ladies' meeting and choir practice. So, we ate leftover lentil soup from earlier in the week when we got home from church and I will probably make the soup tomorrow either for lunch or supper. I already have next week´s menu written out and plan to shop for the groceries on Monday. I think I want to figure out a way to save these menus so that I can find them again easily and reuse them if I have weeks when I am out of inspiration or just don't have time to come up with a week full of meal ideas. Haven't decided what will work best for me yet.

Today´s meals were: lunch-- beef stroganoff over egg noodles.
supper-- leftover lentil soup and tossed salad.

Do you menu plan for a week at a time? Do you have a system you use that works well for you?

2 comments:

Amy B. said...

Hi sis. I don't really have a menu plan, but I could use one. Keep me posted.

I have a question for you or anyone. I can't remember how to get in to post my own tip, journal or whatever.
HELP!!

Charlie said...

No, I don't have a menu plan. Since it's just for my son and I, I usually don't worry about it too much. We do however eat a seafood meal either once or twice a week. I always include veggies in my meals. I usually have some quick things that I can just cook in about 30 min. or less in my freezer. Like individually frozen chicken breast tenderloin and shrimp, and also frozen veggies. I also keep some canned tuna and sardines in my cupboards. These are quick and easy things to put together when we are pressed for time.

Charlie