Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Shovel In!

We got quite a bit of snow last night, and so this morning I helped my husband with the snow shoveling. I got 30 minutes in with that, and then did Day 2 of the 30 Day Shred. I didn't really feel like doing the Shred after doing all the shoveling, but I know my girls probably won't exercise unless I am doing it with them.

This is my 3rd time doing the Shred, and you would think that it would be easier each time, and it is, but I still have some sore muscles in my legs. I'm also using 5 lb. weights, and they don't seem to be any easier than any other time. Will I ever get to the point where 5 lb. seems easy, or will it always be hard for me?

Tami

3 comments:

Charlie said...

Tami,

The one thing that Jillian stresses, is that more weight is not necessarily better than being able to do the exercises correctly. If by "hard" you mean you are not able to do the exercises with good form, then it is better to go back down in weight. I know in the "No More Trouble Zones", she is only using 3lb weights. She also says, that if you are just going to swing them instead of using them with control, then you are not doing the muscles any good. So if this is the case then you might want to go back down to 3lbs for now.

If this isn't the case and you have good form, but the exercises are just harder, then in time it will get better.

Keep at it!

Charlie

Donna said...

Ugh to the snow. I always say "I was born in Africa for a reason!" :)

The Herd said...

I did my day two of the Shred and my calves hurt so bad, I am walking like a cripple! I'm doing 5 lbs too, and oh my ---it's so hard for me when she works on triceps!!