Tuesday, March 15, 2011

60 + 64 = -4 (almost)

No, my math isn't bad--that is the result of this week's bonus challenge and my diligence to get it done. This morning I stepped on the scale and saw a number I hadn't seen in a long time. I have tried very hard this week to drink the 64 oz. of water, and guess what? I did it everyday! In the past nine days I have done 6 hours and 20 minutes of exercise. This morning the scale was down almost 4 lbs from the start. Now, tomorrow morning is the official weigh-in, so I hope it lasts until I weigh and measure.

This morning I was reading in John, and at the end of verse 1 in chapter 13, John says of Jesus, "having loved his own which were in the world, he loved them unto the end." The phrase, he loved them unto the end, struck me with the fact that God never gives up on us but loves us through everything until the end. When I shared this with my 3rd-6th grade choir today, they immediately reminded me that with Jesus there is no end, so that means He loves us forever. So often I need to be reminded of God's love for me (even when I am NOT loving drinking water and exercising). He loves us unto the end! I hope this will bring some joy and encouragement to you today as it did to me.

6 comments:

Donna said...

Awesome! Water, water, water!

Sarah K said...

Thanks for the encouragement!

Sarah DeSalvo said...

Very exciting! It's always encouraging to see results, isn't it?!

Unknown said...

Water is wonderful!!

Thank you for the encouragement from the Word!! awesome!!

Dani Joy

KathyH said...

Water really does help with losing weight.

Being de-hydrated can increase weight, as I found out the other weekend.

Keep it up.

Madridmom said...

I was sure I had already commented on this but since I don't see it, it must not have gotten posted. Way to go on getting your water in! How have you done with that this week? I didn't do too well the first couple days but am doing better the last 2 days.