Thursday, March 17, 2011

What an amazing day!




I had an amazing time today with my son. We hiked up Sabino Canyon. It was a little on the warm side but still beautiful all the same. It took us 3 1/2 hours and I can't believe how much easier it was this time. I can really tell the difference when I'm fit. Praise the Lord!

The main reason for our trip was to give Trevor some exercise carrying a full pack while hiking. He is preparing for Boyscouts. Tomorrow he will be crossing over from cubscouts to boyscouts. He is so excited. So I will be MIA until Friday. We are camping for the event. The ceremony takes place at Mt. Lemmon.





To cool off Trevor swam in the stream. He said the water was really nice. I walked in place while he swam to keep my heart rate up. A lady with her two little toddlers asked me if I was doing it for exercise. I said yes, and she said, well let me do it too. So we were both walking in place until she had to catch up to her 2 year old. I must've looked funny, but I didn't care. It was a great workout.



It is amazing to see this site in the middle of the desert. The two ducks swimming in this stream just seem so peaceful. God's creation is truly magnificent.




I had to take a picture of this. I thought that whoever did this had a very creative mind. I guess you can call him rockman.

We had such a great time hiking and I'm looking forward to tomorrow camping. I am truly blessed to be able to be out and enjoy God's wonderful creation.

See you ladies on Friday. Until then, let's keep springing.

Charlie

11 comments:

Vicki King said...

Sounds like a wonderful hike you had. I like nothing better than being able to excercise outside. We had nice weather here on Tuesday so I took my kids out for an hour hike around the palace here. Have a good weekend with your son!

KathyH said...

It looks so beautiful, and lovely weather for hiking.
Well done for keeping walking on the spot, atm I think I'd have taken the chance for a rest.

Donna said...

I LOVE the rock man! How adorable! Love hiking...need to schedule another one!

Unknown said...

Congratulations Trevor!!! YOu are going to make a great scout!! OH Charlie, can you tell him for me! He looks soooo good! YOu both do! So so wildernessy! jeje

I wish we could be there to go hiking and camping with you. What a great thing to do together!

ENJOY!

Dani Joy

Maribel said...

Awesome. have a great time. Those are special moments to treasure. I want to go hiking soon.

Maribel

Siberia said...

How fun! It looks like you are having lovely weather.

Tami

Madridmom said...

Hurray for great weather and being able to enjoy it by moving your exercising outside. Good for you doing your walking in place and not worrying about how it might look to others. :-)

Charlie said...

Thanks, everyone for your encouraging words. We did have a lot of fun hiking and camping. I am totally exhausted now, but it's a good exhaution. The weather is really nice this time of year.

Dani: I will tell Trevor. I remember our time camping together. It was so much fun.

Cindy B. said...

I had to laugh when you said Trevor had to cool off. It is still cold here where I live and we still have some snow on the ground. Yesterday was a spring like day but another cold front came through today and Sunday night we might have more snow. I am glad you can enjoy the outside weather, hiking and camping. It will soon be here and I can walk outside again. Sounds like you had a blast, and you were very creative to walk in place! Keep up the good work.

Charlie said...

Cindy,

I am such a wimp in cold weather. I do praise the Lord that I live in a warm climate. Although come July, I'll be praying for cooler weather again.

Thanks for your encouraging words.

Charlie

Sarah DeSalvo said...

It looks like you had a lot of fun! That's very exciting about your son's BoyScouts. My brother got to Eagle Scout and really had a blast doing it.

Wow, I think if it was me I would have sat and rested while my kid went swimming. You are hard core!!! :-)