Saturday, June 11, 2011

What type of exercise have I been getting for the summer



Swimming is the answer. It is really hot here in Tucson right now. I decided that this pool would be a great way to beat the heat and get my exercise in too. It's also a nice way to spend time with Trevor. We are really enjoying it. It doesn't look like much but it's enough.

Pushing the styrofoam noodles in the water is excellent resistance training for the shoulders and arms. Swimming in circles is great for the back and abs. Kicking my legs in the water is great resistance training for the leg muscles. Swimming underwater makes for great exercise for the whole entire body. After about an hour or so in the water, I really feel it. I just don't know how many calories I'm burning since my heart monitor doesn't work in water.

I hope everyone is enjoying their summer.

Charlie

5 comments:

Sarah DeSalvo said...

That's great! I bet swimming in a cool pool feels so great in the heat! And you get the exercise without getting all sweaty! Keep up the good work!

Maribel said...

I like it!
I have a pool like that! i'll have to try it when it stays warm! We've had some unstable weather. The school year isn't over yet for us, but it will be soon!

Maribel

Unknown said...

ohhh I love it! what a gorgeous pool!
Have a blast this Summer! you desirve it!

Love
Dani Joy

rosa said...

Charlie no se mueve tu tiker estas bien?

Sarah K said...

Looks like a fun way to exercise and beat the hear! Enjoy!