Friday, November 6, 2009

Crunch in - Jill

Today was good and bad. It was good in that I biked eight miles with my hubby this morning. It was exercise for me, and I was really feeling it since that made 20 miles that I had biked in under twenty-four hours. For him it wasn't such a big deal. A couple of times a month he bikes with some hard core bikers. They cover 30 miles a day, and they get some pretty fast speeds going. I was just happy that I was getting some movement in and that we had time to spend together.
On the eating front things weren't so good. A combination of lots of work plus not planning ahead left me hungry and at restaurants. I'm hoping for a better today tomorrow. I only lost one pound this week; I sure hope all this exercise kicks in soon. I definitely feel it. Now I want to see it.

My workout partner reminds me that even ten minutes is better than nothing. I may not have an hour to devote to exercise, but I surely can do ten minutes. And those little bits can add up. The important thing is to get some sort of exercise in every day.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That´s great about the biking! And yes consistancy will add up. Keep being consistant with the food too and you will see the difference. Try to have only one free day a week. and hop right back on the wagon. ;)

Crunchin it with you,
Dani Joy

Beth in NC said...

I am impressed! I haven't ridden a bike since I was a child (other than an exercise bike of course).

I am with you with the food thing.

I was just reading Dani's comment to you. I need to save my cheating for one day a week. My weight isn't moving.

Keep pressing on!
Beth

Anonymous said...

Ok, is this the Jill from Jill Boyd's Place? I totally didn't realize it was you until you left that comment on my blog today. I'm such a bone-head sometimes!

Great work with all that biking!!! I find that it's easier to exercise than it is to plan ahead for eating. I totally need to go shopping for some snacks and foods that are low calorie or else this is never gonna work for me.

Keep workin' hard!
-Tricia