Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving Y'all :o)

Well ladies I do feel alittle bit lonely today, you're all feasting away and here I am having a normal day. As far as I can work out Ketty and I are the only normal people...... opphs I meant to say non-americans, in the challenge LOL.

My fever's gone today but I'm still leaving off the exercise til tomorrow. I had a check in appointment with my pain doctor today and got told off for doing 20 mins bike on Monday "How many times have I told you Frau Harrison, NO EXERCISE when you are sick!" - scary German doctors.

It was a good job I was feeling better as it was a busy day. First Mr H and I viewed a possible new apartment (fits all our requirements so need to pray it's the right one), then I went to the opticians to collect my temporary new contacts lenses. Straight off to the office after that - end of the month and wages to pay. Next pain doctor, food shopping on the way home, then swap us into the guest room, clean and put fresh linens on our bed as my eccentric out-laws arrive early tomorrow morning.

I love my in-laws to bits, they have been the most amazing spiritual parents to me, but the older they get the more eccentric they get, especially my father-in-law. Some good laughs to be had in the next few days I'm sure.


Here's a weird photo!! The contact lenses I collected are just temporary ones and two different types. What I didn't expect was that they'd be 2 different colours!!!! It's only so I can really tell them apart. So for the next week I have one green eye and one blue eye. The funniest thing is, my young assistant couldn't stop staring at me she was so fascinated by my green eye, yet when Matt got home I stood in front of him and asked what he thought about my eyes / new contact lenses, he just said " Well you eyes are alittle red, are they sore." Men!!!!!

Anyhow, enjoy your turkey! I'll carry on with my tea and Tylenol diet of the last 3 days.

Kathy <><

5 comments:

Ketty said...

LOL, it´s funny how man are the same no matter what part of the world they are from LOL but we can´t leave without them. :-)

I hope you feel better soon and hurry up and start crunching. :-)

ketty

Unknown said...

I have been thinking about you lots! I know that you and Ketty are the only non Americans. Many of us are transplants all over the world. ;) I thought that maybe you might feel left out. But thanks for all your great humor and Thanksgiving greatings.

I hope you have a lovely weekend and get to feeling totally better.

I can´t believe Matt didn´t notice your green eye. that picture didn´t even look like what i remember you looking like.. or was that not you.??? jejeje

When you can get right back on that crunchin´wagon!

big Crunchin´hugs
Dani Joy

KathyH said...

Hey I was only joking girls, you'll have to get used to my British humour!!!

Yes, that is me Dani. Although even I think it looks odd.

Love ya!

Ketty said...

Sorry, I meat LIVE not LEAVE in my comment. :-) I always think faster than I write, and I didn´t proof read what I wrote.

ketty

Siberia said...

Kathy, I'm praying for you to feel better soon. I haven't had a fibro flare for a few months, but I definitely remember how they make me feel. I hope you enjoy your time with the in-laws.

Tami