Sunday, November 15, 2009

Sunday and Snow

This morning we woke up (a little late) to a fresh blanket of snow. My husband and I went out to shovel quickly before leaving for church. He pushed the snow with a large piece of plywood over to the side of the driveway, and I shoveled and threw the snow up on the flower garden area. We worked for 20 minutes.

After dinner this afternoon, I went back outside to finish up the shoveling. I shoveled the sidewalk and back patio. I worked for 40 minutes.

I've read somewhere about the extra calories your body burns when you are outside in the cold, trying to maintain your body temperature. Maybe I should just go and stay outside all day. :-)

My dh shot a few pics of me shoveling, and taking a break with my daughter and dog. By the way, my coat is downfilled. While it keeps me warm, it certainly isn't very flattering with it's "puffiness."

I hope each of you has enjoyed a restful day in the Lord. On the way to church, I was listening to a song about how God's thoughts and ways are not our thoughts and ways. I thought back to the events of this year, and some of them have been drastically different that we would have planned, or thought that God would choose to work. We have had family members go through some difficult circumstances, the death of a dear friend and co-worker, and other trying times in the ministry. BUT, God will use all these things to bring glory to Himself, even when we don't understand the circumstances that He has allowed. I know many of you are experiencing things in your life that are difficult to understand. Please know that I am praying for each of you. I'm really glad the Lord has brought us together for this time. Many of you have been a big encouragement to me! Thank you for allowing yourself to be used by the Lord.

Tami

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful! I have tears in my eyes. I think we both need a big huge hug!! Thanks for sharing your heart! and the pictures. I felt like I came a little closer. You are soooo far North, girl!

Your house is lovely! Did you all design it or do they build like that there?

That shoveling is so good for your core work out!! I remember! ;)

Big crunchin Hugs
Dani JOY

Siberia said...

Our house was already built when we bought it. I think it is a one of a kind here, as I haven't seen another house similar to it. Our realtor told us it was a European design. We are so thankful God provided this home for us.

Tami