Monday, November 8, 2010

Fishin'!

Good Morning Ladies! (as is every morning, perfect, and "GOOD", praising God with its beautiful smells and colors, showing God's glory and refreshing our spirits faithfully!) Hope your week has been exhaustingly productive in light of His kingdom :)...
We've just completed a series on being "fishers-of-men". As I continue to seek God (1st) and improve my eating and fitness habits, I find that I have more energy and focus on serving God's purpose instead of my own. My "castle" is nowhere near as big as I tend to make it in light of God's kingdom. Sometimes I look at exercise as being a task instead of just part of my day. Trying to "work it in" is not the right attitude. Make a schedule...stick to it...don't think about it...just follow it. Reserve your thoughts for things above and your eyes will be more open for opportunities presented for you to serve/share Jesus :)...
Measurement update: I gained 2lbs (even though I had a stomach virus for 2 days)...gained my inch back in my bust and chest (yipee!)...lost .5in in my hips and .5in in my left arm so now my arms are even :)...hmmm... This week I will alternate cardio & strength training along with a daily bit of morning yoga.
Well, I love you all and love this fellowship God has blessed us with. It's pretty cool to build online relationships with sisters I've never met :)...! Praying daily specifically for you...Holy hugs & kisses!!!

2 comments:

Charlie said...

Hi!

I know what you mean about just working in fitness instead of just making it part of the day. In my case, no one day is the same. So I am not able to just make a schedule and stick to it. I have to work it in as each day permits. This is getting easier though and find that I really look forward to my work out times. I find that I feel much better mentally too. On Wednesday nights when I go to church and teach Pioneer clubs I find that I have more energy and therefore I am able to teach and play with the kids with excitement rather than dread.

I praise the Lord for the opportunity to be in touch with my Christian sisters and hopefully be an encouragement.

Charlie

Unknown said...

Ok I am totally encouraged to go running in the morning. We will be doing a family photo shoot tomorrow with the extended family and I have to plan to get my exercise in. How? Well, should go to bed and get up early to exercise. I think I shall. ;) Thanks for the great encouragement, Lynn!

I am so glad you are still crunching even after a stomach virus. Please, keep encouraging those there in El Paso too! I love you ladies and miss you!

Big hugs
Dani Joy