Sunday, November 7, 2010

seeing a pattern here

I am seeing an unhealthy pattern in my life. I am getting pretty bratty and defiant in my eating on the weekends. I work hard during the week and slowly get rid of the pound or two that I started out the week with and then I bake and eat treats with the kids Saturday and Sunday and put the pounds right back on. I find myself making excuses like "I am really only 2 or 3 lbs away from the goal weight I gave myself at the beginning of this journey last fall .... I should just be figuring a way to maintain the weight" etc etc etc blah blah blah. Oh, another one of my favorites lately is "Well, if I can figure out a way to exercise the weekend lbs off during the week, I can do it next year on furlough and not come back from furlough with an extra 10 lbs or so." Who do I think I am fooling? I am not going to have the time and opportunity when I am on furlough to be doing the same type of workouts that I am doing now. I really think it is important to lose the 5lbs that I set as my original goal, to get me to a healthier starting point for our furlough trip starting in June. And, I need to train my thought process to have self control even on the weekends.

2 comments:

Charlie said...

Hi Alice,

I know what you mean. Weekends are hard for me too. I was grocery shopping tonight and I noticed that they had the Marie Callendar Pies for 4.99 each. What a steal! Last year I bought one of each kind and kept it in the freezer. I was so tempted to buy just 1. I so love pies. I was so happy I was able to turn it down. I was also thinking about holiday baking and this always gets me in trouble.
We just need to stay focussed.

Charlie

Cindy B. said...

Dear Alice, I like your logic. I have to admit I think the same way - weekends are for goldfish and jelly beans. However, the end goal of losing the pounds is more important and I like the way you talked yourself into that. So, keep up the good work! I shall try to do the same, though I have missed the exercise time with the company at my house and the volleyball regional tournament. Have a good week. -- Cii Bii