Monday, March 28, 2011

Looking up!

Getting ready to run!
Hi Ladies,


Someone once said "To look around is to be distressed; to look within is to be depressed; to look up is to be blessed". Thank the Lord I can look up to be blessed. I have to admit to look around on some days is to be totally distressed, but I have a great God who helps me to look up to him and the things of earth become strangely dim as the song says.


This past week I am proud of myself as I was able to exercise 1 hour a day. Wow! I measured myself and I have even lost 1 in. on my waist and 1 half in. on all my measurements. Ya hoo! I added this week 2 days of metabolism workout, and I am finding out at my age that it really makes a difference.

The water drinking has been mostly because I get so busy that I forget to drink it, so I only managed to drink the 8 glasses twice this week.


The whole wheat thing is hard to convince my family about but I have been able to sneak it in by adding half and half and they haven't even noticed. Yesterday for breakfast I made pancakes like that and they disappeared so that must be a good indication that they liked them.:) We are all very good eaters and we all have big appetites. That is a problem for me when the time comes to loosing weight.


Hope you all have a wonderful and fruitful week,


La Talavera, Sharla G.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

YOu look great! Praise the Lord for His strength helping you to workout an hour a day! I am so glad you are seeing a difference! It is so worth it!

Keep on Springing!

Dani Joy

Madridmom said...

Looking good .... I didn't even recognize you at first.

Maribel said...

That's great! I make my pancakes whole wheat--later I add grated apples, cinnamon and nuts --the kids like some with chocolate chips. But the batter is all whole wheat and w/ brown sugar.

Have a nice week.

Charlie said...

You look great!

My son loves whole grain pancakes. I guess it's because that's what he grew up on. I'm not big on white flour pancakes, so I've always made them whole grain. As a result, my son will prefer the whole grain over white when it comes to pancakes anyday.

So glad you found a way to get your family to like it too.