Anyone interested in doing this with Dani and I? It's Jillian Michaels Get Ripped in 30 days! It's one of Jillian's latest releases...and it totally rocks!
Hope you all are doing great and keeping at it. I haven't posted in awhile or kept track of my points but I would like to share what I have been doing. I am a runner and have been keeping at it...in training to do an upcoming half marathon race (it'll be my 3rd half marathon run for the 2011 year). I have been really good with training, however, my diet was the problem. I've come to the point where I've decided to do something about it!
I have committed my plans to God to help see me through it!
I have made small changes to my diet. These are challenging for me but I am determined to keep at it.
1. Drink 8, 8 oz glasses of water per day. I've read and heard that you should drink in ounces 1/2 of your body weight.
2. Switch to whole grain and whole wheat...no more unbleached enriched stuff
3. Add beans and lentils soups
4. Up the vegetables! This is where my problem is...I need to eat more veggies!
5. Do Jillian Michaels videos 3 to 5 times per week. I am doing the get Ripped in 30 days right now.
6. I am using portion control on food I eat.
7. Tracking calories. Something I never cared to do. I started tracking for the last 4 days and it is unbelievable how the calories add up! Yikes!
My neighbor and I are doing a challenge. My goal is to start small. I will lose 4 lbs in 4 weeks. My neighbor will lose 5 lbs in 4 weeks. Anyone up to this challenge?
Praise God and give Him the glory in your successes!