Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Checking in!

Well, this week hasn't been totally great. A big minus, for eating anyway, was that my son had his birthday. I ended up and made cinnamon rolls for his breakfast, and a chocolate cake for his dinner. He did choose a healthy dinner, but the cake took away from the healthy choices at dinner. I haven't been eating much dessert for a long time, or even much flour, but eating that really messed me up. My stomach hasn't felt right since then. I even cut a very small piece for myself, which made only about 4 bites. OK, enough of sweets for me. It reminds me of that verse Rev. 10:10 And I took the little book out of the angel's hand, and ate it up; and it was in my mouth sweet as honey: and as soon as I had eaten it, my belly was bitter.

I have been exercising with Jillian, walking several miles one day with my son out in town, and shoveling snow. After our huge snowfall, we have had snow twice. We didn't have much accumulation (2-3 inches probably), but still it was enough to take about an hour to clear. I feel like I should have big arm muscles from lifting, but so far it isn't happening.

Here is a tip for those that get bored of doing the same routine over and over. My daughter, Ashley, always exercises with me, and she was really starting to dread exercising. I remembered that we had picture in picture on our TV. We don't listen to Jillian anyway while we exercise. So we found a TV program she was interested in, and then put Jillian in the little picture in picture box. I told her she had to still do all the exercises, or we wouldn't do it any more. She exercised really well, and it did seem to help the time go by more quickly.

4 comments:

Sarah DeSalvo said...

Wow, isn't it crazy how our bodies and tastes change?! I tried to eat a candy bar this week that probably would have tasted pretty good to me a year ago, but I just couldn't do it! It just didn't taste good enough for me to finish eating it so I only had a couple of bites (enough for me to convince myself that it really wasn't good enough to keep eating!)

That is a great idea about watching something else while you do the DVD. Unfortunately I can't do that because I only have a little portable DVD player I do my exercise videos on, but if you can do it, it sounds like a great way to mix things up!

Sarah W. said...

It's fun that you and Ashley found a way to work out and not be bogged down by Jillian, but still doing it! :) I don't have that option either but I wish I did! :) A friend of mine jogs in place while she watches her TV shows. She'll even do some walking and other little exercises while she watches. She swears by it and has lost a bunch of weight. I really think I need to try that method. I don't watch much TV but even movies would work too! Just an idea for something different.

It's good your body is starting to see that you don't need sweets and it's actually letting you know. I need to get to that place! Hoping with this weeks challenge that it will do that for me too! :) Hugs....keep it up!

Siberia said...

I have an elliptical, and usually always watch something if I am exercising on it. Problem is, if I don't exercise with Ashley, she doesn't do it on her own. So I'm trying to be creative and help her want to be fit on her own. Still working on that part.

This thing with sweets has just started happening with me, but it has taken 2 years of working out and eating better to get to this point. Don't be discouraged. It is a long term thing. I'm sure I will still eat sweets from time to time, but in a way I'm glad they made me feel sick. Next time I'll think twice about the few minutes of pleasure eating, compared to the few hours or days or not feeling so well. (Plus then having to work it off.)

Thanks for the encouragement, ladies!

Unknown said...

Well, one day is ok, and now you are back at it. I kind of did something similar and now have no desire for sugar junk.

Great job on the exercise. Awesome that Ashly found a way to enjoy exercising. Cornelia and I don't watch Jillian now. I do a mix of all her videos and aerobics to Christian music.

Big crunch hugs

Dani