Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Candida yeast greatly influences your health and fitness.

I have learned many things about my body and the natural things that influence my fitness and health since I started this journey in January.  I mentioned in my intro that I began taking a supplement called Plexus Slim that naturally levels my body's blood sugars which aids in overall health. When I hit a plateau in my weight loss, I started doing a little more studying.  I learned about candida yeast and started taking a probiotic. I broke through that plateau.

Candida yeast can cause you to crave sugar and yeast. It wants these things to continue to grow.  It prevents you from absorbing the proper nutrients from your foods. Candida yeast can also cause digestive problems (which is causing you to keep toxins from your waste not being released quickly from your body), bloating, headaches, fatigue, and "brain fog." Read more about it here. http://restormedicine.com/candida-and-weight-loss/

You may have an overgrowth of candida yeast in your body and not know it. How do you find out? Take a spit test. Yucky I know! First thing in the morning get some water in a clear glass.  Spit into it.  Wait a couple of minutes. If your spit remains in a cohesive blob, you are pretty much candida free.  If your spit begins to develop long stran-like tendrils, you have an overgrowth of candida.  Many people do and don't realize it.

If you hit a plateau in your weight loss, definitely do a spit test.  Taking a good probiotic will help you to get rid of candida yeast.  You can find one at any drug store or health food store.




1 comment:

Unknown said...

I may have this. In fact I could probably say I do even without the test. I will be reading more and getting some probiotics.

Thank you for this tip.

Dani