Homemade Vanilla Cinnamon Almond Milk
Yield: 3.5 cups
- 1 cup raw almonds, soaked in water
- 3.5 cups filtered water
- 2-4 pitted dates
- 1 whole vanilla bean, chopped (or 1/2-1 tsp vanilla extract)
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- small pinch of fine grain sea salt, to enhance the flavour
1. Place almonds in a bowl and cover with water. It’s preferred to soak them overnight (for 8-12 hours) in the water, but you can get away with soaking for 1-2 hours in a pinch.
2. Rinse and drain the almonds and place into a blender along with filtered water, pitted dates, and chopped vanilla bean.
3. Blend on highest speed for 1 minute or so.
4. Place a nut milk bag over a large bowl and slowly pour the almond milk mixture into the bag. Gently squeeze the bottom of the bag to release the milk.
5. Rinse out blender and pour the milk back in. Add the cinnamon and pinch of sea salt and blend on low to combine. Pour into a glass jar to store in the fridge for up to 3-5 days. Shake jar very well before using as the mixture separates when sitting. If your dates or vanilla bean are dry/stiff, soak in water to soften before use.