Thursday, December 24, 2009

Better late than never!

Well ladies this is the end... wait NO ! what am I saying, this is just the beginning. The end of our crunch but the start of something good.

I don't have a photo for you, waaaaaay to sick and snotty to do that to you all (it'll put you off your turkey). I'm giving Rudolf a run for his money with the red nose and this chest infection still hasn't cleared up :o( All this sickness means I'm back on an exercise ban and after the disastrous effects of my in-laws visiting it was with trepidation that I stepped on the scales this morning, but what do you know I've lost all the weight I put on again plus another 450gs

So total weight lose during the crunch 3.7Kg
Plus a total of 23 cms lost.

I'm really thankful that God brought Dani into my life at the beginning of this year, and through her all of you! The focus on long term health rather than just dieting is SO important and I've learned how important it is to pray about losing weight and getting healthy. It seems like a no-brainer now but my focus previously when dieting had been to achieve a more attractive figure so asking God's help seemed just plain wrong. Anyhow, I reasoned, I'd gotten myself this big therefore it was my responsibility to do something about it.

Reading your testimonies, being able to pray with you and having you pray with and for me has help me change my understanding of this area. I've also just read "You are not what you weight" by Lisa Bevere and she has some powerfully wise insights. I can definitely recommend this book. From now on, with God's strength, I will choose to honour God with the body He gave me and seek my comfort in Him not in food. How blind and stupid I have been all these years.

So, at the end of the Crunch I haven't even reached half my goal of losing 10 kgs but I've learned something far more precious (and essential) which has chanced my understanding and will guide my continuing fitness journey.

Love you all.

Kathy <><








2 comments:

Joy said...

Good for you Kathy, on the weight loss and inches too! So sorry you are feeling puny still, but sure liked all you had to say. I´m going to keep the title of the book you mentioned for future reference. May we all seek to honor Him every day of the rest of our lives.
Love and hope you are having a good Christmas day,
Joy

Unknown said...

Kathy, thank you for finishing out with us! that shows great stick to it ness! You really are on the right track now! you can use these great truths and go with them. It´s for life!

Ónly a few more days till I can give you a big hug in person. I hope we will be all over our creepy crud by then.

Thank you again for keeping on these 8 wks.

Big crunchin hugs
Dani Joy