Saturday, December 5, 2009

Chicken Finger Linkin' Good!

I orginally posted this on my weight loss blog and just now thought about posting it here to share:

Here is a recipe that my family loves to eat. We can't get enough of them...

6 oz Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast cut lengthwise or in chuncks
1/2 C Fiber one cereal
1/4 C Egg Beaters original (or just use regular egg whites)
1/4 tsp Garlic Salt
Pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 375. Using a blender or food processor, grind Fiber one cereal to a breadcrumb-like consistency. Add garlic salt and pepper to crumbs. Place crumbs in one small dish and egg beaters in another. Coat raw chicken with egg and then crumb mixture. Place chicken on a baking pan sprayed with nonstick spray. Spray a light mist of nonstick spray on top of the chicken and place in the oven. Cook for 10 minutes then turn chicken over. Add another light mist of spray and cook for an additional 8-10 minutes.

Calories: 240
Fat: 3.25 g
Carbs: 26 g
Fiber: 14 g
Protein: 42.5 g

*I love buffalo sauce so I change things up a bit. Instead of dipping them in the egg, I dip them in Franks Red Hot Sauce and then put them in the cereal mixture. This actually drops the calories to 175, but it increases the sodium content.
*For my husband and kids I have also dipped them in bar-b-que sauce and then put them in the cereal mixture.

They are very good and healthy... and you're free to play around with whatever spices you want mixed in with the Fiber one! ENJOY!

Have a great weekend.

Sarah F.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh girl!! I love buffalo sauce! I try every year to make buffalo wings I think they get better every year.. but this year... I am trying your recipe! where´d ya get it?
Sounds wonderful!
Thanks for sharing it!
Big crunchin
hugs
Dani Joy