Friday, March 26, 2010

P90X Plyometrics and Kenpo

Plyometrics:

Out of all the DVD’s this one is my favorite! It’s a great workout all around. It works every muscle group in the legs, your core muscles to land with agility, and it a great cardio boost. I showed some of the “Easier” moves in my video last week, but there is SO much more on this DVD. This is the one workout that I feel would be worth buying because it’s not like anything I have ever done before.

Kenpo:

Kenpo is essentially kick boxing. I know a lot of people don’t like this one, but I do. Way back in my college days I actually taught kick boxing – so I feel it’s a great workout. I tend to play my own music to it though… it fuels me a bit. With this being said, I don’t feel like it’s worth the money. There are so many other “kick-boxing” DVD’s out there that are much cheaper and are just as good. Like the Tai Bo DVD’s… they’re great! So just add in a 30 minute – 1 hour of kick boxing and you basically have done P90X Kenpo… it’s a simple as that!


TIPS:

With plyo the key is landing softly so that your knees, hips and ankles don’t take a painful hit. If you haven’t watched my video, do – just listen to the sound of my knees and hips popping. This is why it’s important to land nice and easy!

Kenpo (Kick Boxing) – Don’t ever lock your joints when doing this exercise. You should make very quick and fluid movements – not jerky or snapping movements. This is to also spare your joints from being over worked. I also recommend playing music with a great beat. I punch and kick to the beat. I LOVE my punching bag that I have – it’s a great stress reliever.

I will be posting a video of some kick boxing techniques!

No comments: