Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Daily mile tool

Dani recommended the dailymile.com site. I really like it. It allows me to map the route I want to take and let's me know many miles that particular route would be. This is a very useful tool. I used to have to drive the route to find out how many miles it was. This is so much easier. I find myself varying my route some, since I know that I can just map it out on dailymile and I'll know exactly how far I went.

Dailymile will actually let you know approximately how many calories you burn by calculating the miles you walked or ran, the time it took you to complete the distance and your current weight. So if you haven't used it yet, it's worth trying.

Charlie

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Charlie,

I just checked out the Dailymile, but I don't understand how it works. Can you help me out a little with it? I signed up, but then what? I'm not too with all these new fangled computer things.

Thanks, Kathryn :-)

Charlie said...

Once you're logged in it should take you to HOME. Just click Add workout. Select which type of workout. Fitness, walk, etc. It it's a walk or run it will have the question where did you walk? Once you click that it will say map your route or you can enter your own route. Then type in your city and it should show a map for it. Just move it around till you see your area. You can zoom in and out of the map by clicking the + or - buttons. When you see your starting point just click there to start and at every intersection just click and repeat until you have your whole route. Once you have your route selected scroll to the bottom and put in the time it took you, then click on other details and click the green arrow for calories and then submit and you're done.

I log into mine from facebook. It's a great tool. I'm sure glad Dani shared it with me. If you have any other questions, just email me. chee65@aol.com.

Charlie

Unknown said...

Love that Daily mile!! I am gonna beat ya Charlie! LOL! jeje

Thanks for all your help the blog. I am having internet problems here at Joseph's Dad's.

Big Crunchin' hugs
Dani Joy

Anonymous said...

Thanks Charlie! I see it now. :-)

Kathryn :-)