Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Wii Fit Tips from Kathryn C.

Hope everyone has had a good week.   I get little fitness tips daily from  my Wii Fit.  I just thought I'd share a few with you all.  (1)  I'm reminded over and over again  not to hold my breath while I do my exercises and stretching.  Holding your breath can increase your blood pressure.  Breath as normally as possible while exercising.  I know this is easier said than done.   (2)  Drink plenty of water (6-8 cups) and eat more fruits and veggies each day while trying to lose weight.  The water helps keep you hydrated while removing wastes.  The fruits and veggies provide vitamins and minerals to keep you from feeling tired and sluggish.   (3)  If you're hungry before exercising, eat a banana which is easily digested and provides quick energy for your activity.
Happy exercising!  :-)

3 comments:

analyticalwon said...

How sad that I STILL don't know how to breath while working out! I'm forever holding my breath. So bad.

I didn't know about eating a banana before exercise when you are hungry. What a great tip. Thanx!

Charlie said...

I catch myself holding my breath when doing fast paced video type exercises. I do fine when I am walking but the other types of exercises I still have to remind myself to breathe...

I also like the tip about the banana, I know that it has a lot of potassium but I didn't know that it digests quickly. Thanks for the tip.

Charlie

Unknown said...

Great tips! I will be posting them on our tip section when I get some more time.