Saturday, October 16, 2010

Measurements, Foods, Exercise

So I thought it would be a good idea to record my stats at the set out, so here they are.

Weight: 160 lbs. (not sure how exact this is)
Bust: 36"
Chest: 38.5"
Waist: 35"
Hips: 42"
R thigh: 26"
L thigh: 26"
R arm: 13"
L arm: 13.5"

Living by myself and working full-time make seem to help me watch what I eat more carefully. I cook once or twice a week, but most of the other times I microwave either leftovers or some frozen meal I bought for under a dollar. Eating out has truly become a luxury; one that isn't very appealing to do alone. So when I go to work, it is important for me to make sure I bring good food and healthy snacks (baby carrots, nutrition bars, fruit, etc).

Exercising...fun stuff. I took TaeKwonDo last fall for 5 months, but then had to drop it because of the cost. I would love to continue someday, but that will have to wait. So right now for exercising I've been doing the TaeKwonDo stretches, kicks, and forms. It's still challenging, and I've lost some of it, but it is a really good workout and tires me out.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Katie,

I understand about not cooking much for yourself. When your dad's not home, I don't cook much either. Keep up with the fruits, veggies, and small amounts of nuts. Your Gazpacho is a good choice. Be careful about the snacks marked "Healthy". You need to read the labels. Some have high amounts of sugars, salt, and/or fats. Make sure you get plenty of water and fiber each day. I know you're not a soda drinker, but be careful about too much sweet tea, flavored coffees, or energy drinks. They are high in sugar.

Continue with your exercises. Sounds good! Maybe add some weights (homemade ones--cans of veggies or bottles full of sand) to your routine. The weights have really helped me. Mine are made with wide-neck bottles full of stones and sand. Be creative and we can do this together! :-)

Love, Mom :-)

Unknown said...

How great is this! You and your mom get to do this together! My mom and I too, are crunching it together even though she is not on the blog. She isn´t able to do the online stuff, but she is losing a lot.

The martial arts are great for many things. The punches and kicking if kept up can be high cardio which is fat burn.

Great job!
Keep crunchin´
Dani Joy