Tuesday, November 16, 2010

one of my favorite "diet" sitcom episodes



Every time I eat croutons on my salad I think of this episode of the Cosby Show ... one of my favorites. (If the video does not come through you can go see it on youtube here) The crouton scene is around the 2:40 mark. The whole episode is on youtube in 3 parts and is worth watching as Claire Huxtable works frantically to drop some pounds in one week to fit into a fancy dress. As I watched this section of the episode I am reminded that just last week I woke up in the early morning with a horrible leg cramp -- though not quite as bad as the one Clair has in the beginning of this section of the episode. Haven't had one of those since I was last pregnant. I am glad that we are being much more reasonable and healthy about the whole weightloss thing. The thing I like best about this challenge and this blog is the focus on fitness versus just weightloss. And that is good because working to drop the last 5 pounds I'd like to lose may only take a few months but keeping fit is for the rest of my life.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

remember when you posted this before. It´s a riot!

Dani Joy

Rebecca said...

I love this episode! Thanks for sharing!