Sunday, December 12, 2010

Heading into Baking week

Well next Sunday is the Christmas cantata at the church and afterwards we will have a refreshment time. I will be making tortilla roll-ups (flour tortilla spread with herb flavored cream cheese and topped with finely chopped bell pepper. roll up, wrap in Saran wrap and refrigerate several hours. Just before serving slice and place side down on serving platters for a pinwheel effect) as requested by the lady in charge of the food. I am also signed up to provide desserts. Not sure what I am making yet but I imagine this week I will be starting on the cookie dough I will need for the cookie trays I usually give out to the neighbors and a few friends as well as the doctor's office receptionists and the pharmacy workers. (we frequent both places fairly often, although less this fall than we have in a long time, Praise the Lord.) This baking will provide me with extra challenges calorie wise, so I am determined to get to bed at a decent hour and get my morning workout in to help counter the taste testing I am sure I will be doing throughout the week.

I wish you all a very Merry Christmas, even though I am feeling a bit lonely here on the blog. Anyone have any favorite healthy holiday snack ideas or fun and easy finger food ideas for the holiday parties this year? I need some new ideas for the teen Christmas party. I am in a bit of a rut, always making the same thing every year. I wonder if they are content to have a repeat of the same stuff again this year or if they want to try something new? Maybe I will have to ask their opinion before I go changing things on them this year.

PS -- On a positive note, even though I slept in yesterday and missed my morning opportunity to workout, I was able to get a full hour of walking in on the city streets before choir practice and then as a family we walked around another hour after choir doing some shopping. I only counted the second hour as 20 minutes since it was not as strenuous as the first since we were slowed down by the crowds a lot.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I know it seems like you and I are the only ones on the blog these days. I hope everyone is still crunching.

Sarah K said...

You are doing great! I am sorry you are so lonely here. I can do everything except post. =(
I appreciate hearing how you are doing. Keep up the great work!

~Sarah