Friday, February 18, 2011

Introductions

Hi, my name is Kristina Brown. I'm 33 and have been married for almost 12 years to Kevin. We have 3 children:Erin (9), Ally (7), and Noah (4). Our family is currently serving the Lord in Croatia, we have been here officially 6 months today. :)

I have always thought I was "big", but in reality I wasn't. It wasn't until I started having children that my weight problem began. When my first daughter was born I never did lose that "baby weight". Before we knew it 20 months later, we welcomed our second daughter. I knew I had to do something about the "baby weight". I joined Weight Watchers and successfully lost 25 pounds in about a year. I felt great about myself and what I had accomplished. Eventually our family began making preparations for the mission field and the weight crept back on me within a year.

After a year traveling the USA, eating out, and visiting many churches who ALSO fed us... the inevidable happened. We found out that we would soon be welcoming our son in the next 9 months. This was not good for me concerning my weight. I did not want to travel, eat out so much on our deputation journey, AND carry this child knowing the weight I would gain. By the time my son was born, I had gained almost 100 pounds between the baby and water I retained. Talk about being miserable!!!!

Here I am now almost 5 years later an still carrying around the "baby weight" plus more! I lost all the water weight and that's it. I don't want my health to decline because of my weight. I certainly want to be active with my children, but my weight is getting in the way. I can do the things I used to.

I am looking forward to getting myself into shape and becoming a healthier me! :)

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Kristina,

Yay! You made it! So glad you wanted to join in. Your journey sounds similar to mine.

You can do this with Gods strength and our support! We will gather round you, push you but cheer you on too! It was what i needed when I started too. First it was my hubby's helping me then i found other christistian ladies who had blogs and Challenged myself with them.

We are so close to you yet countries apart. ;) one day we should all get together.

Springing into shape with ya,
Dani Joy

Charlie said...

Hi Kristina,
I'm so glad you joined us. I can't imagine traveling and being pregnant too. That must've been tough.

With Christ, we can do anything. There is no better time than the present to set goals.

You can do it!

Charlie

~Catherine~ said...

I'm right here with you I gained 80lbs with my first pregnancy lost very little and when our son was 18 months old we found we were expecting Twins I used my pregnancy as an excuse to eat and overeat I now have three active healthy boys that want to play! I need to be able to run and be active with them! This blog is a great place to get headed in the right direction with Him and these great ladies I'm sure will will have much sucess!!

Unknown said...

Thank you for posting a picture. It helps so much to know you better. ;)

I am praying for you and I know you can do all things through Christ!

Springing with Ya,
Dani Joy

Donna said...

I know what you're going through! It's worth the effort and work, and it does happen--even if it's slow--if we stay faithful! Hang on and be ready for the ride of your life!