Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Wednesday Weigh in and Pray in

So first job this morning was to weigh and measure. I only lost 0.6Kg but a total of 8cm!!!!! Woo hoo J 4cm is off my waist and I know it’s because TOM arrived last Thursday so I was bloated initially. Still it feels good to see those numbers go down.

I have to confess girls that I didn’t start this challenge off prayerfully. Yes, I know it all in my head but hadn’t taken the time to really pray it through and lay it before the Lord. I was doing it out of my own strength, good food choices, exercise etc but yesterday when I sat down to pray for Anita and Ketty it hit me, all I was doing is asking. “Lord help me do this, Lord heal Anita and Ketty…………………” I sounded like the petulant child – Daddy can I have this, Daddy give me that etc etc. Ouch! So I grabbed my Bible and sat in the middle of furniture chaos (I’d only planned to take 5mins whilst the floors dried from mopping) and started from scratch.

My naturally tendency is to control everything but we have a loving Father who forgives my weakness. I know in my head the need for control is rooted in fear and there is no greater safety than trusting the Lord in ALL things but it is a lesson I need to keep on learning.

As one of my FB friends recently wrote “If God is your co-pilot, you are in the wrong seat!”

Thanks for listening.

Blessings

Kathy <><

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you Kathy for this! It was so touching and your openness helps us all.

Love you love you!

Dani Joy

Charlie said...

I love that quote you posted. I never thought of it that way, but it does make sense and is so true. Thanks for giving us some food for thought.

With Him we can do anything.

CindyP said...

I think sometimes I ask God to sit on the roof, let alone the co-pilot seat! I am so much a control freak. Thank you for your post, Kathy!!