Thursday, November 3, 2011

Hot drink ~ Low Cal

I'm not a fan of coffee (unless it's the INCREDIBLY unhealthy mocha frappucino from McDonald's)! Winter & cold weather usually mean hot chocolate for me. Because I'm an admitted Chocolaholic I usually put 2 packets of mix into a coffee mug. :O However, after looking at the calorie intake for the relatively small mug of cocoa, (Swiss Miss w/ marshmallows = 200 calories for the 2 packs!) :O I decided to check how many calories were in the apple cider packets I'd gotten not long ago...I am SO glad that I did! Instead of 100 calories per packet, the cider is only 15 calories per packet! :D That means I can make one of my BIG mason jars full of hot cider & have 3 Hershey's kisses and STILL not equal ONE packet of that hot chocolate mix! ;)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

OOOO I love hot cider! could you send me some??? ;)

Dani Joy

Sarah DeSalvo said...

Good job watching the calorie intake! Although I am wondering where in the world you found those cider packets with only 15 calories?! Someone sent us some a while back and I just checked them and they are 90 calories apiece!